Relaxed Screening: Gloria Bell
You’ll fall in love with the funny, wise and passionate Gloria as she encounters one beautiful mishap after another.
Tickets can be booked in advance either online, in person or by calling (020 7928 3232), or by emailing the Box Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dir Sebastián Lelio
With Julianne Moore, John Turturro, Michael Cera, Caren Pistorius, Alanna Ubach
A Curzon Artificial Eye release
Relaxed screenings are presented each month for those in the neuro-diverse community and their carers and assistants. More detailed information about these screenings can be found at bfi.org.uk/relaxed
Singing. Searching. Making mistakes. We feel with Gloria as she navigates nightclubs and the complexities of life. Sebastián Lelio, virtuoso director of the groundbreaking, Oscar®-winning A Fantastic Woman and the understated Disobedience, took the brave decision to remake his own 2013 hit and offer us an English-language Gloria. Julianne Moore is radiant as the eponymous heart and soul of this new film; a funny, wise and romantic woman in her 50s, whose appetite for life is uncompromised when ‘sh*t happens’... more than once. There are definite nods to Lelio’s original – dialogue, a few almost-identical shots, the hairless cat – but Gloria Bell is a triumph in its own right. We dare you not to leave the cinema singing.
Tickets £3, audio description available.
Our relaxed screening adjustments include:
- For this screening doors will open 30 minutes before the screening start time.
- No trailers will be shown.
- The programme will be introduced.
- Customers will be able to choose their own seats in the auditorium, but we will do our best to accommodate any specific seating requests.
- Our house lights will remain on a low level throughout the screening, and the volume will be turned slightly down.
- Please feel free to move around in the auditorium and make noise.
- There will be a safe space for customers to use if they need to leave the auditorium.
We welcome your feedback on our relaxed screenings.