Relaxed Screening: Wild Rose
A star-making performance by Jessie Buckley (Beast) anchors this heartfelt drama.
Tickets can be booked in advance either online, in person or by calling (020 7928 3232), or by emailing the Box Office (email@example.com).
Dir Tom Harper
With Jessie Buckley, Sophie Okonedo, Julie Walters
Courtesy of Entertainment One
Relaxed screenings are presented each month for those in the neuro-diverse community and their carers and assistants. More detailed information about these screenings can be found at bfi.org.uk/relaxed
Since Wild Rose premiered at the BFI London Film Festival Buckley has been receiving accolades for her performance as Rose-Lynn, a Glaswegian single mum with a wild streak and big dreams of becoming a country singer. Fresh out of prison, she attempts to find a way to get to Nashville to realise her dreams, but her deep love for country music and her undeniable talent might not be enough to get her there. Screenwriter Nicole Taylor and director Tom Harper have crafted a sincere and intelligent drama that knowingly tugs at the heartstrings yet challenges our conventional understanding of heroines; Rose-Lynn is messy, imperfect and all the more human for it.
Anna Bogutskaya, Events Programmer
Tickets £3, audio description available.
Our relaxed screening adjustments include:
- For this screening doors will open 30 minutes before the screening start time.
- No trailers will be shown.
- The programme will be introduced.
- Customers will be able to choose their own seats in the auditorium, but we will do our best to accommodate any specific seating requests.
- Our house lights will remain on a low level throughout the screening, and the volume will be turned slightly down.
- Please feel free to move around in the auditorium and make noise.
- There will be a safe space for customers to use if they need to leave the auditorium.
We welcome your feedback on our relaxed screenings.