European Film Academy Young Audience Award 2021 – Call for jurors age 12 to 14!
Aged 12 to 14 and love film? Join us as a UK youth juror for this amazing annual event when young people in more than 30 countries worldwide watch the same three new European feature films and decide their winner.
Sunday 25 April 2021
Free online event
The European Film Academy’s Young Audience Award usually takes place in local cinemas around the world, including BFI Southbank. This year for the UK it’s online only, so if you’re age 12 to 14 we welcome you to join the international YAA online jury wherever you live.
Every year 3 films are nominated to be watched, considered and voted on by each juror. In 2021 the exciting line up is Pinocchio from Italy/France, The Crossing / Flukten over grensen from Norway, and Wolfwalkers from Ireland/Luxembourg.
What do you need to do?
- Fill in the YAA Jury Application form by no later than Monday 12 April 6pm and we’ll email you full details
- Watch the 3 nominated films: They’ll be available on a secure streaming platform from Wednesday 21 to Saturday 24 April. You can only vote if you’ve watched all 3 all through!
- Vote for your favourite: Online voting is on Sunday 25 April 8am to 3pm
Optional extras include:
- Meet the other UK jurors and international jurors. Opportunities to meet up and discuss the films online in hosted sessions using a parent or guardian’s Zoom account
- Watched the films – love to ask the director or the actors a question? Email us your questions and they may be asked by the presenter at the online Awards Ceremony on Sunday 25 April.
- Watch the livestreamed EFA Young Audience Awards Ceremony on Sunday 25 April to find out which film has won!
- Check out the YAA website for VOD links to all previous years’ YAA nominated films. An incredible catalogue of some of the best European films for young cinema lovers
This event is strictly for 12 to 14 year olds, but check out our BFI film activities for other age groups.
Applications for the YAA UK Jury 2021 have now closed.