Watching a film with us
Our customer charter
We know that you love film as much as we do and cinema is a shared experience for everyone to enjoy.
- We are committed to providing the very best customer experience possible by conducting ourselves in a helpful, courteous and friendly way.
- We are an inclusive venue and welcome all customers. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your visit more comfortable.
- We understand that visiting a venue for the first time can be stressful for some customers, especially if you are unsure of what to expect or have specific access requirements. We hope that you will find the information on our accessibility page useful in preparing for your visit.
- We are aware our customers may experience cinema and BFI Southbank in different ways and that some disabilities are invisible so we are working to ensure that everyone feels welcome.
- We continually review our service standards, listen to our customers, make improvements where necessary and welcome feedback.
- We will always do our best to ensure that this is a safe and comfortable environment for all of our customers. To assist us we would ask that you provide us with feedback and report any nuisance or suspicious behaviour.
If you’d like to tell us about your experience at the BFI, please talk to a member of staff, email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
London SE1 8XT
Certificates are supplied for UK certificated films. Where there is no certificate, films are for over 16s unless other age guidance is provided.
We welcome young audiences to screenings certificated U, PG, 12A and 15.
We’re proud to be screening on film where possible, listed as 16mm, 35mm or 70mm. Other formats are listed ‘Digital’ 2K DCP (or 4K if stated), HDcam, SR, HDcam ‘Video’ Digibeta, BetaSP, Blu-ray.
Find details of our 35mm and 70mm screenings.
- Screenings will start at the advertised times.
- Latecomers may be admitted up to 10 minutes after the screening has started. If you are late, you may be asked to take alternative seats to minimise disturbance or be refused admission.
- Photography, audio and film recording are not permitted in the venue without prior permission.
- From time to time events are filmed and/or audio recorded. By entering the auditorium you are consenting to such filming and/or audio recording and its subsequent use by the BFI and trusted third parties. Please contact the Front of House manager if you have any concerns.
- For the safety of our staff and visitors, bag searches may be carried out.
- Standing is not allowed in any of the cinemas.
- You are welcome to take food and drink purchased at BFI Southbank into the cinemas with you.
- Please be considerate of your fellow patrons and acknowledge that we are an inclusive venue and some customers may experience cinema differently from you.
- Please do not eat or drink in the BFI Reuben Library or Mediatheque.
- The BFI reserves the right to change the programme without prior notice.
- All staff and public are entitled to expect that they will be treated with dignity and respect.
- The BFI reserves the right to refuse admission or remove any person acting in an unacceptable manner.