Relaxed Screening: Stan & Ollie
Welcome to an accessible screening of Stan & Ollie for people who prefer a relaxed cinema environment.
Tickets for this pilot event are free but should be booked in advance either in person or by calling (020 7928 3232) or emailing the Box Office (email@example.com)
Dir Jon S Baird
With John C Reilly, Steve Coogan, Nina Arianda, Shirley Henderson
An Entertainment One release
Relaxed screenings are presented for individuals on the autism spectrum and / or anyone with learning disabilities, and their carers and assistants. See our Relaxed Screenings page at bfi.org.uk/relaxed
It’s 1953 and Hollywood has fallen out of love with Laurel and Hardy, the once golden duo of international comedy. In the hope of re-igniting their career, the pair embark on a tour of the UK’s seaside towns and music halls, but audiences are sparse and impresario Bernard Delfont is already looking for ways to break their contract. With hilarious recreations of Way Out West on film and County Hospital on stage, Coogan and Reilly excel as the beloved entertainers and give a heart-warming depiction of a lifelong friendship under pressure.
Justin Johnson, Lead Programmer
Our relaxed screening adjustments include:
- For this screening doors will open 30 minutes before the screening start time.
- No trailers will be shown.
- The programme will be introduced.
- Customers will be able to choose their own seats in the auditorium, but we will do our best to accommodate any specific seating requests.
- Our house lights will remain on a low level throughout the screening, and the volume will be turned slightly down.
- Please feel free to move around in the auditorium and make noise.
- There will be a safe space for customers to use if they need to leave the auditorium.
After the screening on Monday 21 January, we are offering a social space with light refreshments where people from BFI will be available to talk with you.
Information on other accessible screenings:
Audio description available at all screenings of Stan & Ollie. Hearing-impaired subtitles available: Wed 23 Jan 14:30 Studio, Sun 27 Jan 16:00 Studio.
See our Laurel and Hardy season.