Relaxed screenings are presented each month for those in the neuro-diverse community, their assistants and carers.
BFI Southbank has been awarded the National Autistic Society's Autism Friendly Award.
Tickets can be booked in advance either online, by calling (020 7928 3232) or emailing the box office (email@example.com).
We will post a new Relaxed Cinema Screenings Guide to download in June.
Up to March 2020 our relaxed screening adjustments included:
- Doors will open 30 minutes before the screening start time.
- No trailers will be shown.
- The programme will be introduced.
- Customers will be able to choose their own seats in the auditorium, but we will do our best to accommodate any specific seating requests.
- Our house lights will remain on a low level throughout the screening, and the volume will be turned slightly down.
- Please feel free to move around in the auditorium and make noise.
- There will be a safe space for customers to use if they need to leave the auditorium.
We await government guidelines and our consequent building Covid safety plan audit to help us define relaxed screening adjustments going forward. More information will be posted here as it is announced.
Enjoy this immersive and thought-provoking documentary about seeing the world differently.
Friday 18 June 14:30 NFT3
Tuesday 22 June 18.10 NFT3
Getting around BFI Southbank
If you would like to prepare for your visit to BFI Southbank you may find this video produced by Carousel, who support learning disabled artists, helpful to watch. We hope this will help make your visit more enjoyable.
Some aspects of the customer journey at BFI Southbank will have changed due to government regulations and our Covid safety policy. More information can be found on our reopening page.