Relaxed screenings are presented each month for those in the neuro-diverse community and their carers and assistants.
BFI Southbank has been awarded the National Autistic Society's Autism Friendly Award.
Tickets can be booked in advance either in person or by calling (020 7928 3232) or emailing the box office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Download our Relaxed Cinema screenings guide
Our relaxed screening adjustments include:
- Doors will open 30 minutes before the screening start time.
- No trailers will be shown.
- The programme will be introduced.
- Customers will be able to choose their own seats in the auditorium, but we will do our best to accommodate any specific seating requests.
- Our house lights will remain on a low level throughout the screening, and the volume will be turned slightly down.
- Please feel free to move around in the auditorium and make noise.
- There will be a safe space for customers to use if they need to leave the auditorium.
During the Festival we will be hosting a relaxed event in the Blue Room each day from from Friday 21 to Sunday 23 February. These events are accessible for people in the neuro-diverse community and their carers and assistants, so they can enjoy our industry events in a stress-free environment. Discounted Festival passes available for CEA card holders.
Getting around BFI Southbank
If you would like to prepare for your visit to BFI Southbank you may find this video produced by Carousel, who support learning disabled artists, helpful to watch. We hope this will help make your visit more enjoyable.