Relaxed Screening: My Life as a Courgette
Ma vie de Courgette
Céline Sciamma penned the affecting screenplay for this Academy Award-nominated stop-motion drama.
Tickets can be booked in advance either online, in person or by calling (020 7928 3232), or by emailing the Box Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Switzerland- France 2016
Dir Claude Barras
With the voices of Gaspard Schlatter, Sixtine Murat, Paulin Jaccoud
Relaxed screenings are presented each month for those in the neuro-diverse community and their carers and assistants. More detailed information about these screenings can be found at bfi.org.uk/relaxed
Courgette is the nickname of a nine-year-old boy who’s sent to live in a rural orphanage after the death of his mother. There, a range of colourful, heart-capturing characters make up his new ménage. Céline Sciamma’s screenplay once again demonstrates her ability to authentically capture the joy and messiness of young friendship, yet not shy away from the tough reality of children growing up in difficult circumstances.
Also available on BFI Player
See other screenings of this film.
Our relaxed screening adjustments include:
- For this screening doors will open 30 minutes before the screening start time.
- No trailers will be shown.
- The programme will be introduced.
- Customers will be able to choose their own seats in the auditorium, but we will do our best to accommodate any specific seating requests.
- Our house lights will remain on a low level throughout the screening, and the volume will be turned slightly down.
- Please feel free to move around in the auditorium and make noise.
- There will be a safe space for customers to use if they need to leave the auditorium.
We welcome your feedback on our relaxed screenings.
BFI Southbank has been awarded the National Autistic Society's Autism Friendly Award.