Relaxed Screening: Ex Machina
A tech wizard, a computer nerd and a sentient female android learn some hard truths about what it means to be human.
Tickets can be booked in advance either online, in person or by calling (020 7928 3232), or by emailing the Box Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dir Alex Garland
With Domhnall Gleeson, Oscar Isaac, Alicia Vikander
Relaxed screenings are presented each month for those in the neuro-diverse community and their carers and assistants. More detailed information about these screenings can be found at bfi.org.uk/relaxed
When a young computer engineer (Gleeson) wins a competition to spend a week with the reclusive CEO of the tech firm that he works for, he encounters the world’s first advanced artificial intelligence. Alex Garland deliberately sought to achieve a kind of Kubrickian space within his stunning directorial debut; by creating ambiguity around his character’s motivations, he asks us to construct our own understanding and interpretation of events.
Tickets £3, audio description available.
Our relaxed screening adjustments include:
- For this screening doors will open 30 minutes before the screening start time.
- No trailers will be shown.
- The programme will be introduced.
- Customers will be able to choose their own seats in the auditorium, but we will do our best to accommodate any specific seating requests.
- Our house lights will remain on a low level throughout the screening, and the volume will be turned slightly down.
- Please feel free to move around in the auditorium and make noise.
- There will be a safe space for customers to use if they need to leave the auditorium.
We welcome your feedback on our relaxed screenings.