Explore the riches of the BFI National Archive for free.
In line with the government announcement on 4 January and the new lockdown measures, the mediatheque will continue to be closed until further notice. Until we re-open, please visit BFI Player to enjoy content from the BFI National Archive that is available online.
Whether you’re a researcher, film enthusiast or simply nostalgic for the telly of your childhood, the BFI Mediatheque is a unique place to come, watch and discover wonderfully curated treasures of British film and TV history.
Your health and safety and that of our teams are our top priority so there are a few differences in how you access our services:
- open Tuesday to Sunday 12:00-17:30
- pre-booking is essential; choose one of the slots below
- timed entry over 2 sessions - Session 1 = 12:00-14:30, Session 2 = 15:00-17:30
- 2m physical distancing to be observed, reducing capacity down to 10 spaces
- face coverings must be worn at all times
- regular cleaning during the day of the spaces/equipment used, including between sessions
- deep cleaning over night
- sessions will end automatically at the allotted time
- one person per booth per booking. If two or more people wish to attend you must book a booth for each person in your party.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.